2.8.09

핲피 핲피



This exibits is part of LACMA's ongoing exhibition
Your Bright Future presenting works of contemporary
Korean artists. All the materials were bought by the artist in
the 99cent store 2 blocks away from the museum.
I doubt the sustainability of this project,
but it sure pleases the eye and the heart.

The exhibit has a continuation in the back of the museum
where visitors can leave bright plastic items of their own.

I was eager to participate. The only bright thing
I found in my bag and didn't mind to part with
was a toothbrush. Later that night I could not fall asleep.
I imagined the toothbrush in the dark, the wind blowing. How did it feel to hang there among objects brought by strangers?
10 minutes of such meditating and I was out.
http://www.lacma.org/home.aspx
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

daria said...

Huh, interesting! I don't even know what I would have in my purse to leave... maybe a colorful hair tie?